Friday, March 19, 2010

An Early Spring

I don't remember ever doing garden cleanup so early in the year here in Massachusetts. But we've been having wonderfully warm weather this March and I'm thrilled to be outside working in the gardens.

The Spring bulbs have pushed their leaves to the surface and are confidently getting taller and greener every day. The daffodils are six inches tall with their flowers encased in sheathing. The tulips have surfaced but there are no signs of the flower buds yet. But the early crocuses are in bloom and they make me smile!


I walk the gardens, thrilled with the signs of life after what always seems like a never-ending Winter. I gently remove the leaf cover that served as a Winter mulch and protected everyone from freezing winds and ice. The snow is long gone and although I know we could still get a snow storm, I'm confident that Winter is more of a memory than a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home