Saturday, November 06, 2010

Bulb Mania

It's a sickness of sorts, I suppose. But when I saw that Van Engelen was having its end-of-season sale, I took the plunge and ordered 500 bulbs. Felt wonderful until I realized that now I'd need to plant them all. And in a hurry before the ground started to freeze.

But I did it and I'm delighted! Can't wait until Spring to see the beautiful colors and shapes as each cluster emerges after the long Winter. Always a treat.

Drifts of Daffodils
Large swathes of daffodils look fantastic. Knowing this, one of the major tasks for my end-of-season planting was to add 250 more Mount Hood daffodils to my perennial gardens. I love this particular daffodil!


Mount Hood Daffodils

Bulbs in Pots
I couldn't resist planting one of my favorite combinations in large pots: Tulip Monte Carlo with Muscari. Always stunning!


Monte Carlo Tulips

Bouquet-Like Plantings
Tulip Angelique and Muscari will bloom later and be absolutely gorgeous.


Angelique Tulips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home